Attention ALL GRADE 11 & 12 students!
There will be an information session on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18th PERIOD 2 IN THE LIBRARY. This session will focus on Transitioning from High School to College & University, and it will cover various topics, such as coping with stress while dealing with new challenges at college & university (course workload, financially budgeting and having debt, living away from home, etc). Sign up in Student Services to attend.
Reminders for GRADE 12 students who applied to UNIVERSITY for September 2018:
1. Midterm Marks - Your midterm marks from your Semester 2 Grade 12 U/M courses are sent to the universities at the end of April. Make sure your midterm marks are where you want them to be!
2. Semester 2 Course Drop Date - Are you in 4 courses this semester? Do you want to drop 1 of the courses? If you don't need all 4 courses to graduate and would like to drop 1 of them, the LAST DATE to drop a Semester 2 course without it showing on your transcript is APRIL 17th!
3. Offers of Admission - By MAY 29th, you will have heard from the universities you applied to. You will hear one of three responses:
a) Offer of Admission to the program
b) Refusal of Admission to the program
4. Acceptance of Offers of Admission - The earliest date that a university will require you to accept an offer of admission into a program is JUNE 1st. Some universities may also require you to make a financial contribution by this date (eg. tuition deposit).
Reminder for GRADE 12 students who applied to COLLEGE for September 2018:
1. Semester 2 Course Drop Date - Are you in 4 courses this semester? Do you want to drop 1 of the courses? If you don't need all 4 courses to graduate and would like to drop 1 of them, the LAST DATE to drop a Semester 2 course without it showing on your transcript is APRIL 17th!
2. Acceptance of Offers of Admission - The LAST DATE to accept your offer of admission into a program at College is MAY1st! Go to www.ontariocolleges.ca to accept your offer
ATTENTION ALL GRADE 12 STUDENTS!!
If you complete all of your 40 Community Service Hours by Monday, April 30, 2018 you can enter your name in a draw to have your College Application Fee ($95) and/or University Application Fee ($150) paid for by TSS.
Go to Student Services to fill out the ballot and enter to win.
10 student names will be pulled from the ballot box on Tuesday, May 1, 2018. Each of those 10 winners will be reimbursed for their College or University Application Fee.
YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED ALL 40 COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS BY MONDAY, APRIL 30TH IN ORDER TO ENTER THE DRAW!!
Please register for the Remind App on your phone, or you can receive emails instead. Each grade has a different Remind account. Go to Student Services to find out how to register.
COUNSELLORS AND SUPPORT STAFF
Program Leader of Guidance:
Mrs. Cara Stewart
Mrs. Sherry Tattrie
Ms. Joanne George
Mr. Carmine Sirianni
THOROLD’S GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
The Guidance Department assists students in making informed and responsible decisions about themselves, their educational plans and their career choices.
The Guidance Department is involved in providing many services within the school: timetabling, course selection, career planning and counselling, personal counselling, graduation, college and university applications, apprenticeships, school-to-work programs, leadership opportunities, maintenance of student records, liaison with feeder schools, co-ordinating volunteer hours, new student registration and so much more.
Students are encouraged to drop by for a visit or make an appointment with a counsellor. The Guidance Department is located next to the main office and is open from 8:00 am. to 3:00 pm.
Please keep informed by reading the monthly Guidance information posted on this web-site and on the bulletin boards in Guidance and in the hallway.